Thursday, December 20, 2018

John "The Mattress Man" Perkins


Without being too salesy, if I were in the market to buy a mattress, then I would go see John Perkins at Olinde's Mattress Superstore on Perkins Road in Baton Rouge. In only two years as the Assistant Manager, I have seen John become one of the best mattress consultants I have ever had the privilege to work with. I think it is John's life experience that has enhanced his success at his job.

John grew up in Baton Rouge as the son of a nurse and a Baptist preacher. After graduating high school in 2003, John went into the Army Reserve. For eight years he served his country and rose to the rank of sergeant. While in the Reserve, John obtained a B.A. in Arts and Humanities. In 2016, I was working on some paperwork at the front desk of our Olinde's Mattress Superstore when John walked into the door asking about the Assistant Manager position we had open at the time. Impressed, I asked John to take a sit for an interview. 

During the interview, John mentioned that he was wanting to go to medical school. One week later we hired John and he immediately became a student of bedding. John asked questions, and listened intently to anyone who would give him advice on how to sell bedding. Just like his studies for medical school, John was a sponge who soaked up all the knowledge. John has become such an expert on bedding that when family members and friends want to buy a mattress from Olinde's Mattress Superstore I refer them to John Perkins on Perkins Road :)  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment