Wednesday, December 19, 2018

IT Guru, Yvette Hurst :)


In recent years there have been many funny skits about the IT (Information Technology) person in business. One of my personal favorites was Jimmy Fallon on Saturday Night Live - https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/nick-burns-your-companys-computer-guy/n11524 

Olinde's Furniture's IT person is Yvette Hurst, and she does not resemble the stereotypical nerd that comes mind. Yvette is extremely intelligent and she has worked for Olinde's Furniture for over 33 years. I am sure she does not like to hear from me, because when she does it normally means that I cannot figure out how to run a report or a mysterious pop-up has shown up on my computer. Yvette has always done a great job in helping me at work, but Yvette has also helped me a ton in my personal life as well. How? Well, six years ago I called Yvette to ask her for her niece's telephone number. Why? Because I wanted to ask her niece out on a date. Now, Yvette's niece, Mary, is my wife :) Therefore, I have the pleasure of referring to Yvette as my aunt!

You think of it, Yvette knows the answer from how to run an available inventory report to installing firewalls on computers to running the ancient dinosaur retail software that Olinde's employees affectionately refer to as "GERS." Yvette, thank you so much for your many years of work at Olinde's Furniture! You are the best! 

As always, please feel free to email me with questions, comments or concerns at andrew.olinde@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment